10am-Noon on dates listed | Learn to Knits 9am-10am| $10 per class
- Learn to Knit — 3rd Saturday of the month. Register now
- October 8th – Cast on, Bind off -CLASS FULL-
This class will cover various techniques and will focus on tubular cast on and when to use what. Bring your favorite yarn (nothing dark!) and needles, or pick them up at the shop. We will be playing around with swatches.
- November 11/30& 12/14 (2 parts)- Learn to Knit Socks using Magic Loop in this class students will learn basic sock construction creating a worsted weight pair of sock and also learn the technique of magic loop. Please call to registering
- November 19th – Woodland (Konglelua) Hat Register now
This is a paid pattern on Ravelry and needs to be purchased prior to class. It is not available at the shop. It requires size 3, 16 inch circulars and double pointed needles. The yarn requirement is 364 yards of fingering weight. Spirited Fibers fingering is an excellent option and is available at Adirondack Yarns.
- December 10th – Cables, with and without cable needles. Register now
Portuguese style knitting demonstration. Bring yarn and needles, including a cable needle, or purchase them at the shop. We will be working on swatches.
- January 21st – Color work Fair isle cowl or scarf, a second chance for those who missed the first knit-along! Register now
You will need 5 (or more, if you wish) different colored skeins of fingering weight yarn (Gems fingering at Adirondack Yarns is an excellent choice). You will also need a size 4 16 inch circular needle and a spare size 4 needle if making the cowl. The pattern is free with the purchase of yarn from the shop. Otherwise it will cost $6.00.
- February 18th – Brioche Register now
This pattern is available on Ravelry for free. Search for Brioche Hat and Cowl by Purl Soho.For the hat you need size 5 16 inch circulars and double points and one skein each of two colors of worsted weight yarn (for example, Spirited Fibers worsted).For the cowl you need size 6 32 inch circular needle and 2 skeins each of two different colored worsted.
- March 11th – Mosaic Register now
Learn the technique! Bring two contrasting colors of yarns and needles.